Transform Your Smile with a Personalized Smile Makeover
A smile makeover is a transformative process designed to improve the appearance of your smile with a custom combination of cosmetic dental procedures such as veneers, dental bonding, and teeth whitening. Based on your goals, Dr. Benjamin D. Ahlbrecht can customize a treatment plan for you and perform all smile makeover procedures under one roof in our state-of-the-art Indianapolis, IN, facility.
Your Smile Makeover Consultation
The first step in the process is to meet with Dr. Ahlbrecht. He will ask you a variety of questions regarding your treatment goals to determine if you might benefit from a smile makeover. He will then examine your teeth and gums. You must have good oral health, free from decay or gum disease, before he will perform any cosmetic procedures.
Procedures Included in a Smile Makeover
Once Dr. Ahlbrecht determines that you qualify for a smile makeover, he will discuss your treatment options with you. There are a number of different procedures you can include in your smile makeover to achieve your goals. He can provide you with an overview of these procedures and make recommendations that align with your desired outcome. You smile makeover may include any combination of:
- Porcelain Veneers: Patients suffering from minor imperfections that do not affect oral health can benefit from porcelain veneers. This treatment can conceal minor damage such as a chipped tooth, dark stains, gapped or slightly crooked teeth, and more. Because we match the porcelain material to the shade of your surrounding teeth, this procedure is most often combined with teeth whitening.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns can repair damaged teeth or conceal more pronounced imperfections. A severely chipped or cracked tooth often requires a dental crown for strength and support. These tooth-shaped caps are fully customized to look natural.
- Dental Bonding: This treatment can achieve similar outcomes as porcelain veneers, but involves less preparation of the teeth. This makes dental bonding a great alternative for patients already lacking enamel and for those with sensitive teeth. Dental bonding uses composite resin (the same material used for tooth-colored fillings), to conceal imperfections. As with porcelain, we can match composite resin to your teeth for completely natural-looking results.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is almost always performed as part of a smile makeover. It is a great complement to virtually every cosmetic procedure because it can highlight all the best features of your smile. Dr. Ahlbrecht offers both in-office and at-home whitening treatments so you can choose the option that best suits your needs and lifestyle. With either treatment option, we can whiten your teeth by several shades. Our in-office treatment takes just one office visit, while our at-home whitening kit may take up to two weeks to achieve your desired results.
- Gum Contouring: A beautifully balanced, uniform smile has a pleasing ratio of gum tissue and the visible portions of each tooth. Some patients complain of a "gummy smile" or have ragged, uneven gums that impact their appearance. In these cases, Dr. Ahlbrecht may recommend gum contouring to remove small amounts of soft tissue. This simple procedure can achieve stunning effects and is often combined with veneers.
Dr. Ahlbrecht offers both in-office and at-home whitening treatments so you can choose the option that best suits your needs and lifestyle.
Find out if a Smile Makeover is Right for You
If you are ready to address the imperfections in your smile and achieve an upgrade that complements your entire appearance, contact our dental office today. Dr. Ahlbrecht can begin noting your goals in order to recommend the right combination of treatments to give you the smile you have always wanted.
"North Meridian Dental Excellence is great! They've somehow cracked the code on making a trip to the dentist an enjoyable experience. Dr. Ahlbrecht and his team are all great to work with. Everyone is extremely friendly, nice and fun, while maintaining a professional, clean and private environment."Nick E.