Restore Your Oral Health with Full Mouth Reconstruction
If you believe the state of your smile is hopeless, there is good news. Full mouth reconstruction can restore smiles in virtually any state of disrepair. Dr. Benjamin D. Ahlbrecht is passionate about his craft and can effectively combine multiple procedures such as bone grafting, dental implants, dental crowns, and bridges to restore function and aesthetics. A full mouth reconstruction is a customized combination of dental procedures designed to totally rebuild your bite and restore the health of your teeth and gums. Dr. Ahlbrecht can develop personalized full mouth reconstruction plans for patients in Indianapolis, IN, based on a detailed assessment of your smile. If the health of your smile is compromising your quality of life, Dr. Ahlbrecht is here to help.
Together, you and Dr. Ahlbrecht can select the most beneficial treatments to include in your full mouth reconstruction.
Planning Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
During a consultation, Dr. Ahlbrecht will perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums by taking x-rays. Based on this information, he can recommend the procedures to include in your full mouth reconstruction that will offer the greatest benefits. While the primary goal is to restore your health and function, Dr. Ahlbrecht will make certain the outcome looks natural and symmetrical. As he develops your treatment plan, he may choose to combine some procedures into a single appointment, while others may need to be performed separately. Once he has created your treatment plan, he can provide an estimated timeline.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Procedures
Based on your needs and goals, full mouth reconstruction can combine:
- Dental Implants: These titanium posts replace lost tooth roots, preventing jawbone atrophy and providing the best support for crowns, bridges, and dentures. Implants must be surgically inserted into the jaw, and require three to six months to integrate with the jaw. With proper care, they can last the rest of your life.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown can strengthen a tooth damaged by trauma or decay. We also offer implant-supported crowns when a single tooth is lost. Our porcelain crowns are color-matched to the surrounding teeth for a natural look.
- Dental Bridges: When two or more consecutive teeth are missing, Dr. Ahlbrecht can place a dental bridge to fill the gap. He offers both traditional and implant-supported bridges, both of which provide excellent support.
- Inlays and Onlays: When the chewing surface of a molar is too decayed or damaged for a filling, but not damaged enough to merit a dental crown, inlays and onlays are used. These tooth-colored restorative treatments repair the chewing surfaces and cusps of the teeth to restore function and protect the tooth from future damage.
- Bone Grafting: Bone atrophy begins almost instantly after a tooth is lost. This poses a problem for patients wanting dental implants, as ample bone tissue is required for support. For patients lacking sufficient bone tissue, Dr. Ahlbrecht can restore the jaw with a graft of donor tissue.
- Periodontal Care: Patients experiencing any stage of gum disease or a compromised jaw can benefit from thorough periodontal care. This may include scaling and root planing treatments, gum contouring or grafting, and other surgical procedures.
Develop Your Treatment Plan Today
If your oral health is affected by multiple complications, contact North Meridian Dental Excellence today to schedule your first appointment with Dr. Ahlbrecht. Together you can select the most beneficial treatments to include in your full mouth reconstruction.
"North Meridian Dental Excellence is great! They've somehow cracked the code on making a trip to the dentist an enjoyable experience. Dr. Ahlbrecht and his team are all great to work with. Everyone is extremely friendly, nice and fun, while maintaining a professional, clean and private environment."Nick E.