Porcelain veneers are used for a wide range of cosmetic and restorative uses. They’re a thin layer of dental ceramic that can be colored to the brightness of your liking. They then go on the outside of your teeth, glossed to look natural and blend in with your smile. North Meridian Dental Excellence’s Dr. Ben Ahlbrecht gives a quiz to see how much you know about porcelain veneers in Indianapolis, IN.
Try Our Quiz: What Can Porcelain Veneers Fix?
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix discolored teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix gaps between the teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix misshapen teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix broken or chipped teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix teeth that are worn down.
- True. Porcelain veneers can fix any teeth that are discolored by age, time, or lifestyle habits. Since they go on the outside of your teeth and can be any color you want, they can completely transform those discolored teeth.
- True. Porcelain veneers are designed to be shaped and sized to your mouth and the size of your natural teeth. If you have gaps between your teeth, veneers can be filed off less and make up for those gaps. We’ll let you have a smile and see if you’re happy! If you aren’t, we’ll make the adjustments until they are.
- True. While porcelain veneers go fully over the outside of your teeth, they can’t technically transform your misshapen tooth. If you don’t like the look of your tooth and it isn’t causing you physical harm, you’re able to just wear veneers and leave it where it is.
- True. If you have a chipped tooth, veneers go over it and make it so you don’t have to utilize the natural chipped tooth in daily life. If it’s broken or cracked, the veneer can help it stay together and keep the tooth from breaking further.
- True. While veneers can’t make your teeth grow back, they can prevent them from getting worn down further. Veneers are durable and won’t wear down as natural teeth will. You’ll get a new smile that doesn’t look like it has any wear at all!
About Porcelain Veneers in Indianapolis, Indiana
Porcelain veneers are an extremely popular dental restoration, as it can be used for so many issues. They’re made custom for your mouth and are considered a permanent restoration. They can last up to 25 years if you take care of them properly! With the way they’re placed, there should be no irritation to your gums or other soft tissue.
When you go to get your veneers, Dr. Ahlbrecht will perform a full exam on your mouth. He’ll make sure that your oral health is optimal for getting porcelain veneers. During the actual process, a slim layer of enamel will be shaved off of your teeth. This gives room for the veneers and helps the bonding process to go better.
Using CEREC dental technology, we can take digital molds of your mouth. No more struggling with molding material! The veneers will be made instantly in-house with the CEREC milling machine. Dr. Ahlbrecht will then make sure the veneers fit and are comfortable for you. If adjustments need to be made, he’ll do that before permanently bonding them to your natural teeth.
Indianapolis, IN Porcelain Veneers
Are you ready to transform your smile with porcelain veneers? Call us today or schedule an appointment online!